Would you like to work at a school that has a prestigious past, a wonderful present and a bright future? Would you like to work in a well-established school, proudly rated Good by Ofsted in September 2018? If so, we would like to hear from you.
At Enfield Grammar, we aim is to prepare our boys for the world, both academically and socially. We expect hard work, good manners and in turn provide learning opportunities where all can fulfil their potential. Our motto, “Tant Que Je Puis” (As Much As I Can) is at the heart of our School community and we actively encourage both staff and students to strive for this aspiration. If you share our vision, we would strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to supporting and developing your skills as a teacher and seek those role models with strong practical skills with the ability to enthuse and engage the pupils. In addition, we also offer NQT’s training and support, aiming to welcome you to teaching and to build your self-confidence.
We offer a competitive salary and staff have access to a range of benefits including:
- Access to opportunities for self-development and regular Continuing Professional Development sessions
- Opportunities for career progression
- A health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access and free counselling
- On site gym facility provided by Nuffield Health
- Strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative teacher to join the School’s successful and supportive English Department. Ideally, you will be interested in teaching across all Key Stages and welcome the opportunity for collaboration within the department as well as the freedom to teach to your particular areas of interest. This position would suit either an NQT or experienced teacher.
Support Staff Vacancies
(sorry, currently no vacancies)
Enfield Grammar School ensures that all relevant pre-employment checks are carried out on employees and workers engaged directly
In particular, the following specific safeguarding checks are carried out:
- All employees/workers appointed / engaged prior to March 2002 (and with no subsequent change to their employment arrangement requiring a further check) have been subject to a check against List 99; additionally, those appointed between 1989 and March 2002 would have been subject to a satisfactory police check;
- All employees/workers appointed/engaged since March 2002 have been subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. This check included a check against List 99;
- All employees/workers appointed/engaged since 12th October 2009 have been subject to a satisfactory Enhanced CRB check, including a check against List 99/Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) Barred List;
- All employees/workers appointed/engaged since 1st December 2012 have been subject to a satisfactory Enhanced with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Unsupervised, regular volunteers are also subject to the above safeguarding checks.
Supervised, regular volunteers are subject to the above safeguarding checks, with the current exception of the Children’s (and Adult, if relevant) Barred List check.
All school staff and workers engaged directly are issued with photographic School ID.
As appropriate, visitors to the school are asked to provide Photographic ID wherever possible.
Third party organisations deploying staff or workers to the school are required to provide confirmation that pre-employment and safeguarding checks relevant to the role have been carried out.
Enfield Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Please click here to read our Statement of Commitment to Safeguarding Children.