The Pupil Admission Number (PAN) agreed with both the Department for Education and the Local Authority, is 180
How places will be allocated at Enfield Grammar School:
- Looked after boys
- Exceptional medical grounds
- Sports & Music scholarships
- Boys whose parent is a member of staff
- Boys from a named Enfield primary school – Bush Hill Park, Chase Side, George Spicer, Lavender, Andrew’s CE (Enfield), St. George’s RC, St. Michael’s CE
- Other Enfield primary schools
In the case of over-subscription from point no. 6 decisions will be made using the following priorities;
- Boys with a sibling attending the school
- Closest distance
- Primary schools outside of the Borough
- Boys not educated in primary school
Click the links below for full and detailed criteria and procedures for September 2021 entry;
Sport & Music Scholarships
Admission Timetable for September 2021
- April 2020: Application Forms and details for entry under the Sport and/or Music criteria (scholarships) will be available to download from the school website.
- September 2020: Closing date for Music – deadline to return the application form to Enfield Grammar School for those applying under the Music criteria of the school’s admissions policy.
- Saturday 26 September 2020: Written Musical Aptitude Test – approximately one hour duration. Details of the times of the test will be sent out at prior to this date.
- October 2020: date to be confirmed: Music Auditions for those who achieved the pass mark in the written aptitude test. Parents will be notified of the results of the audition before the closing date for submission of the eAdmission Form to the Local Authority. On receipt of the results, parents who wish to apply to the School must name it as one of their preferences on their Application Form. The results of the auditions do not guarantee a place at the School.
- October 2020: Closing date for Sport – deadline TBC to return the application form to Enfield Grammar School for those applying under the Sport criteria of the school’s admissions policy.
- Friday 9th October 2020: Sports Trials. Parents will be notified of the results of the trials before the closing date for submission of the eAdmission Form to the Local Authority. On receipt of the results, parents who wish to apply to the School must name it as one of their preferences on their Application Form. The results of the trials do not guarantee a place at the School.
- October 2020: Closing date for returning the eAdmission Form to the Local Authority.
- 2021: National Allocation Day: Letters sent to Parents with offers of school place by the Local Authority.
More information on SPORT SCHOLARS
Please click here for 6th Form Prospectus & Admissions
Parents have a statutory right of appeal against the refusal of a place which will be heard before an independent panel. Full details about the statutory right of appeal, including how and when the request for an appeal must be lodged, will be confirmed in the notification letter sent to parents on National Offer Day.
Appeals Timetable: *Dates to be confirmed*
Applications made in the normal admission round for entry in September 2020 to Year 7
|March 2021||National Offer Day|
|April 2021||Deadline for lodging appeals|
|One week prior to hearing date||Deadline for submission of any additional evidence by appellants|
|tbc 2021||Appeals Information Evening|
|tbc 2021||Appeals Hearings|
To request an Appeal Form; please contact the School Office either by telephone 020 8363 1095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for in-year admissions (admissions to Year 7 made after the start of the September term or to Years 8-11); appeal hearings will take place within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.