IS YOUR CHILD ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS?
Did you know the government gives additional funding to schools for those children entitled to free school meals (even if they don’t have a school meal)?
Enfield Grammar School will use this money to obtain additional staff and resources that help improve the quality of education.
If you have children up to the age of 19 years in full-time education at an Enfield school, you may claim for free school meals if you receive a qualifying benefit.
You must be receiving one of the following benefits to claim free school meals:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
- Where a parent is entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school lunches. Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive Free School Meals
Local authorities do not set the qualifying criteria for free school meals and as a school we are unable to waive them. Any change to the criteria is a matter for central, not local government.
If you have a child starting school for the first time, and already receive free school meals for other children, you will still need to complete a new application.
You can apply online by visiting the following webpage: www.goo.gl/zpz3T9
You will be asked to fill in an application form and either email it back to Enfield Council or posting a signed copy to the specified address.
Apply in person at Enfield Grammar School:
If you have any questions about applying for free school meals, please contact us on 020 8363 1095
Students who are eligible for a Free School Meal will also be eligible to have a have free breakfast at school at our daily Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club will take place at the Upper School Main Hall. More details to follow.
ENFIELD GRAMMAR SCHOOL