IS YOUR CHILD ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SCHOOL MEAL?
Did you know the government gives additional funding to schools for those children entitled to free school meals (even if they don’t have a school meal)?
Enfield Grammar School uses this money to obtain additional staff and resources that help improve the quality of education we provide.
If you have children up to the age of 19 years in full-time education at an Enfield school, you may claim for free school meals entitlement if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net income of no more than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for working Tax Credit)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also eligible to receive Free School Meals
Local authorities do not set the qualifying criteria for free school meals and as a school we are unable to waive them.
Any change to the criteria is a matter for central, not local government.
If you have a child starting at Enfield Grammar School who is already in receipt of Free School Meals in their Primary school, their record will be transferred over by Enfield Council and there is no need to re-apply. If your child is transferring from a school that is out of Borough, then a new application must be made to Enfield Council.
Paper applications can be obtained from the school office or you can download a printable version here:
Completed applications need to be sent to Enfield Council:
ESAS and Free School Meals
Alternatively, a scanned application can be emailed to: email@example.com
The council will advise the school if your application is successful.
If you have any questions about applying for Free School Meals, please contact us on 020 8363 1095
Students who are eligible for a Free School Meal will also be eligible to have a have free breakfast at school at our daily Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club will take place at the Lower School Canteen