Examination courses in Key Stage 4
GCSE PE Edexcel’s GCSEs in Physical Education:
Key subject aims:
- Encourage students to be inspired, moved and changed by following a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study and to develop an awareness and appreciation of their own and others’ cultures in relation to physical education
- Encourage creativity and decision-making skills to enable students to plan effectively for performances and to respond to changing situations
- Prepare students to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career choices
- Enable students to become increasingly physically competent through being actively engaged in a range of physical activities, and to become increasingly effective in their performance in different types of physical activity and roles such as player/participant, leader and official
- Enable students to develop their ability to engage independently and successfully in different types of physical activity, and to develop and maintain their involvement in physical activity as part of a healthy, active lifestyle.